BACK TO NJ ASSIST (Stop Smoking) PAGE
Community Mobilization and
The following publications are excellent resources for mobilizing a community around smoking control:
- Alcohol and Other Drugs: A Planning Guide For Congregations by Roger Svendsen & Thomas Griffin, published by Health Promotion Resources, division of the Minnesota Institute of Public Health, 2829 Vemdale Avenue, Anoka, Minnesota 55303.
- The American Lung Association Multicultural Resource Guide - 1991 provides a listing of minority outreach programs and materials that are available through the ALA, federal and state agencies and private health organizations.
- Health Promotion in Diverse Cultural Communities by Gonzalez, Freeman & Howard-Pitney, Health Promotion Resource Center, Stanford Center for Research in Disease Prevention, 1991.
- Strategies for Diffusing Health Information to Minority Populations: A Profile of a Community-Based Diffusion Model, US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institute of Health, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, 1987.
- Where There's No Smoke: Helping To Create A Smoke-Free Environment - an Advocacy Guide for Public Education Volunteem. American.Cancer Society, 1988.